This is the anti-cellulite routine I'm currently following on a weekly basis (trying to make it daily - fingers crossed!;-)
1. Yummy Coffee Sugar Scrubbing:
- First of all, your sugar and coffee doesn't fall down the moment you apply them on your skin and you can easily scrub the bar all over your thighs.
- Secondly, when we make regular non-bar scrubs we have to put a lot of oil to hold ingredients together and that oil then ends up in the bath tub making the tub slippery and really hazardous! (although these bar scrubs also make the tub a bit slippery - yet much less)
INGREDIENTS (updated - even better and yummier!;-):
- 1 cup Ground Coffee - unflavored! - coffee stimulates the blood to circulate more to the area where you apply it, helps pull
out toxins and fatty deposits.
- 1 cup Sugar - I use Morena Pure Cane Sugar, since it's neither too coarse nor too fine - great to stimulate the skin.
- 4 tbsp Ground Cinnamon - improves blood circulation, accelerates cell metabolism - it makes my scrubs smell SO MUCH yummier♥
- 2 tbsp Baking Soda - perfect for exfoliation
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Butter - great moisturizer plus it adds a chocolate scent to the scrubs;-)
- WHAT I DO:
- 2/3 cup Ground Coffee - again, unflavored!
- 1.5 cup Coconut Oil
Mix together all the dry ingredients (coffee, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and corn starch). Then put cocoa butter in a small pan. Take a frying pan, pour some water in it, put it on the stove on medium heat and then place your pan with butter into the frying pan so that it melts and becomes liquid. Once it’s melted, mix it very well with the dry ingredients.Then take a spray bottle, pour just a little bit of water and spritz your mixture to make it slightly damp. Then put into your molds - I used cupcake molds (I also put a few coffee beans at the bottom, and if you decide to use coffee beans also, plz don't forget to use a drain hair stopper in the tub). To prevent them from sticking to the molds I rubbed some cocoa butter cream left overs from the pan onto the surface of the molds - definitely helps.
I then left the scrubs to dry in the molds overnight. After popping them out of the molds I let them sit for a few more hours with their coffee bean bottom up to let it dry completely. And then I store the scrubs in those reusable one-dollar Starbucks cups -very convenient and easy to hide my sugar bars, so that nobody tries to eat them, cuz they look and smell super tempting;-)
2. Anti-Cellulite Latte Serum Conditioning:After I scrub all the dead cells off, it is now perfect time to apply my homemade anti-cellulite serum. Coffee in it stimulates blood flow and reduces the appearance of cellulite as well as smoothes and tones the skin. And I use coconut oil in my serum because it is believed to be one of the best oils for fighting cellulite naturally. And I always apply serum with my mesh sponge. I do it for three reasons:
1) mesh sponges provide a so-called "mechanical" exfoliation which then ensures better performance of coffee and coconut oil on my "problem" areas.
2) such sponges massage skin very nicely which is extremely helpful in fighting cellulite.
3) they look just like whipped cream on my "latte" serum and that's why I store them together in a coffee cup;-)
WHAT I USE:
WHAT I DO:
|Melting the Coconut Oil|
I put coconut oil in a small pan. Then take a frying pan, pour some water in it, put it on the stove on medium heat and place the pan with oil into the frying pan so that the oil melts and becomes liquid. THEN I add my coffee to it and leave in the pan over boiling water for about 1-1.5 minutes. After that I put this coffee oil mixture into blender, blend for about 30 seconds, let it cool slightly so that it's not too hot and then strain the mixture with a cheesecloth to remove coffee grinds. I usually then put the serum into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to make it cool down and harden quicker. Its consistency gets back to the one of coconut oil, which is pretty much like non-refrigerated butter.
Feel free to check out my other Spa & Beauty Hacks:
California girl who came to the US from a small town in Russia all by herself and now making her EVERY single dream come TRUE!